Tuesday, April 23, 2013

S'more Swap #2


It's time for another S'more Swap with some of my bloggy friends!



Today I am linking up with Samantha aka

My little lovies are in dire need of writing skills since I have THE.LOWEST.GROUP!!!

Samantha's adorable unit was just what I needed to teach (again) about opinion writing.

 
 Here is preview of everything that is included.

 I began by posting the title and we had a little discussion.

 Then all students wrote their name on a sticky note and put their name next to their favorite pet.

 This was the first page each student filled out.

A vote for dogs...

 The ONLY vote for fish...

 A vote for cats...

 Next, we did this step together  as I discussed MY favorite pet...CATS!

 Then we discussed how this led to writing the PERFECT five sentence paragraph. 
 Students then turned theirs into a nice neat paragraph. 

If you would like win your own copy of this adorable writing activity, please hop on over to Samantha's Blog, become a follower and leave a comment.  I have a number already chosen.  If your comment is that number, you will win this unit. Leave a comment by Thursday!

You can also click on the picture of the unit, to purchase your own copy.
Click below to find some more great product reviews!


6 comments:

  1. I've been using Samantha's unit in my classroom too! My students did some great writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to use this unit in my classroom! I just became a follower, and am currently doing more digging on her site for other great resources. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cynthia,
    This is an adorable activity! Looks like your kiddos enjoyed it, too. Samantha @ Ms. Smarty Pants creates wonderful products. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) What a fun activity. Who doesn't love writing about pets? :) Samantha did a great job with that product. Yay! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

    Dani
    Crayonbox Learning

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great ideas. I love seeing your pictures of learning in action! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Merinda
    Pirate Girl's Education Invasion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable activities! Thank you so much for sharing =)
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete