Saturday, April 7, 2012

Spring Break is almost over...

Hi everyone!  I hope those of you who have been on spring break this week had a wonderful week.  We were able to go to Florida for a few days of rest and relaxation.  While the hubs was out fishing (I can't go out on the boat because I am allergic to the sun...part of my Lupus), I spent my time in the shade or indoors and worked on finishing up some new units on TPT.

My first unit is dedicated to the memory of my father who was a HUGE racing fan all of his life.  He has now been gone from us for 4 years, this past March, so making this unit was inspired by thoughts of him.





You can check it out here.  Get it at my introductory price until Tuesday.

My 2nd unit, doesn't have any special reason attached to it, other than the fact that we are reguired to teach homographs.  LOL  This unit it titled, "Hip, Hip Homographs."  (Get it???  hip - like hooray, and hip - like on your body...) 


Here is the link to see it.



Most importantly, I finished and posted a special unit...a FREEBIE to thank everyone for helping me reach over 100 followers on here and on my TPT store.  I was going to wait until after tomorrow night and the end of the multi-blog Spring Give Away, but since we are now home from our vaca, I just couldn't wait.  I get so stinking excited over new things.  I am NOT the queen of patience by any stretch of the imagination.  hahaha...




I was super excited that almost as soon as I uploaded it, someone downloaded it and left me a rating!  There are several fun math activities to do with this freebie so hurry on over and check it out.

I know I'm getting long in my post, but since I've been on Spring Break, I have a couple of "experiences" to blog about.  The first...the best thing that happened...

We were riding down a remote road to a place called Shired Island the other evening around dusk when all of a sudden we saw....THE ELUSIVE, FLORIDA PANTHER...in the wild!!!  We were so excited to actually get to see one.  I have been saying for years, that it seemed the perfect environment for one.

Now, the worst thing that happened....

We were traveling home on I-75 yesterday, in bumper-to-bumper stop and go traffic.  My husband was driving and I was zoned out thinking about blogging, TPT, etc.  As we were coming up on the exit for Warner Robbins, Ga., it made me think of Deanna Jump (who is from there) and all of the many blessings she has received through TPT when ...WHAM...BAM...BOOM...a huge rock hit our windshield and put a good-size dent in it.  Needless, to say, I was no longer thinking of Deanna, but more like thinking of the cost to have that repaired, since I know from personal experience that insurance will not cover it.

Oh, well, we returned home safe and sound, so if that was the WORST thing that happened during this past glorious week of beautiful weather and rest & relaxation, I am blessed beyond measure!!!

Don't forget to scroll down to my previous post and enter for the Spring Break Giveaway if you haven't already.  It ends tomorrow night at 7:00 EST.

Cynthia

4 comments:

  1. You've been tagged! Go to my blog to check it out!!
    www.123teachwithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia! Thanks for becoming my newest follower. I actually just posted a Spring Break Linky Fun party. Why don't you come and check it out :)

    -tania
    Live, Love, Laugh in 2nd Grade
    My TPT Store

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just tagged you on my blog...head on over there to check it out and grab a freebie while you're there! :)

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the freebie! I can't wait! I am sad that Spring Break is over for us as well!!

    Enjoy your weekend! Happy Easter!

    Tara
    harpleysuperstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete