Saturday, November 10, 2012

Teachers for Teresa

 
 
I’m sure it is rare if there is anyone out there reading this post who has not heard of Teachers Pay Teachers, better known as TPT.  Not only is it a great site for teachers to share their wonderful teaching ideas, it is also a place of true heartfelt kinship with other teachers and many of the teachers form virtual bonds with each other in friendship.  This is one of those times.
One of my best friends, 2nd grade teaching buddy, fellow blogger and TPTer is in CCU in Atlanta with critical medical issues. 
 
I asked for all of my wonderful friends on TPT to help pray for her.  Prayers have been sent up for Teresa from all over the world.  I truly believe that prayer can bring about miracles and Teresa is certainly in need of prayers.
 
These very wonderful and special teachers then began asking, "What can we do to help?"
 
Out of their love and concern came
Teresa has pulmonary hypertension and is experiencing complications. She loves teaching and has a wonderful sense of humor that keeps us all smiling. The most important thing we can all do for her, is to offer prayers on her behalf. Financially, you can help by purchasing one of the below packages. All of these items have been donated by her fellow TPT colleagues who wish to help across the world.

 
If you visit Teresa's blog you will see she LOVES all things piggy...hence all the pigs! :-)
You can also view her great products on her TPT store.

We know how medical bills can quickly become astronomical, especially when in the Critical Care Unit. Therefore, we are offering you some wonderful deals in exchange for donations.

 
 
 
Thanks to everyone who purchased.  This packet is no longer for sale. However, you can still purchase the units below.
 
 
In addition, several teachers have joined in another collaborative effort to form a piggy unit (Teresa's favorite kind). This unit is available on my store for $10. All proceeds will also be given to Teresa to help with financial needs.

 

There are also other ways you can help out also.
 
Here is an adorable piggy graphic set.  Click on the pix to purchase.  All proceeds are going to Teresa.
 
 
And grab a set a FREE piggies by spreading the word.  Click on picture below for more details.
 
 
Click on each picture to see more information about the products you will get for your $25 donation.







 






 








 
 
 
Thank you so much for your donations. Help spread the word by blogging with a link to this post, pinning, facebooking, etc.  Let's tell the world!
 
 I really appreciate it, but most of all, keep those prayers going!
 
Thank you
 
 


18 comments:

  1. Dear Cynthia,
    What a great gesture - and what a wonderful packet you have put together. Thankyou for blogging about it - Teresa has been very supportive to me! (In Australia, she touches people worldwide). My thoughts and prayers are with her.
    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Please continue to keep her in your prayers! Prayer can make all the difference!

      Cynthia

      Delete
  2. Cynthia,
    It looks GREAT! Thank you for your hard work and allowing us the honor of helping out!
    Merinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merinda,
      Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I already knew TPT was a great place to be and had many wonderful friends there, but now I feel even closer to everyone. It's so good that God can bring us together even through virtual friendships!!!

      Cynthia

      Delete
  3. I'm so impressed by the teaching community. My thoughts and prayers go out to Teresa as well as many blessings to you for such a kind gesture!

    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your support. Please continue to keep Teresa in your prayers.

      Delete
  4. You are doing such a great thing for Theresa! Thank you for organizing this. Theresa has been and will be in my prayers. I wrote a blog post urging people to pray and help her out. http://hojosteacherstore.blogspot.com/2012/11/thanksgiving-freebies-helping-out-friend.html
    ~HoJo~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for everything you've done to help. I appreciate it so much and I know Teresa will also!!!

      Cynthia

      Delete
  5. I have been mia with crazy life and stomach bug so just now seeing this. I will spread the word! If you have another fundraiser, let me know, I would be happy to contribute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. You can help by pinning:

      Here is one pin - for the Piggy Packet
      http://pinterest.com/pin/68820700527288118/

      And this is the Teachers for Teresa
      http://pinterest.com/pin/187180928234198746/

      and mention it in your blog.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Please keep us informed of her progress. I have been in CCU myself this year and been out of work since August. I will return in January. All I can offer now is my prayers.
    susanlulu@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan,
      I truly believe that prayers are what has gotten her to this point. Keep those prayers going. Hope that you are much better also. If you do Pinterest, you can also help by pinning about it:
      Here is one pin - for the Piggy Packet
      http://pinterest.com/pin/68820700527288118/

      And this is the Teachers for Teresa
      http://pinterest.com/pin/187180928234198746/

      Delete
  7. You have done such a great job at organizing all of this so quickly. Thank you so much for allowing me to participate. I continue to pray for Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I really feel that God was in the midst. I could never have done it otherwise. Thank you so much for helping. Continue to help promote, but most of all...pray.

      Thanks,
      Cynthia

      Delete
  8. Thank you for doing this for your friend. She is in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on her progress. It might be a good idea to let everyone know that any donation, no matter how small, will be accepted, too, for some people might want to help but not need the packet. They get the packet if the donation is $25 or more. :) Hope this will help raise money quickly for her medical costs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Deborah. I wasn't sure if Paypal would allow a different amount since I had to set a price, but we certainly will take any amount!!!

      Thanks for all you have done to help me!!!

      Delete
  9. Cynthia- This is extremely sweet of you! What a great friend you are!! I just blogged about Teachers for Teresa and made my own purchase. Teresa will definitely be in my prayers and thoughts. Please keep us updated with how she's doing.

    Rachel
    rms273@gmail.com
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cynthia, are there any updates on Teresa?
    Patty Rutenbar
    Prutenbar@sturgisps.org
    2ndinline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete