Monday, December 17, 2012

More Christmas Freebies...#16 & #17


Well, let me say, I was very surprised...shocked even that not ONE single child said a word today about the tragedy on Friday.  I did however, have a parent e-mail me within the first 15 minutes saying how "unnerving" it was to have a state patrolman standing outside the school this morning when she dropped off her son.  I had wondered if students would be kept at home, but I didn't have any students absent. To me, that sent out a great message of trust, love and faith in teachers that they knew we would do everything in our power to take care of the students.
 
And we will...everyday... as we have ALWAYS done.  I must admit though, I did look at things differently today.  Even though we've had many lockdown drills, and practiced, it still makes you REALLY think...

and ask ourselves, "What do we do now?" Denise over at Sunny Days in Second Grade sums it up best.  Check out her thoughtful, insightful, and heartfelt post.
 
I'm sure we've all dwelled on these aspects today.

I think one of the reasons I didn't hear students talk about it is because...
 
It was Whoville Hair Day at school!

 
What fun!
 
Now, on to my freebies for today. I've got two for you since we had the Day of Silence on our blogs yesterday...
 
Freebie #16
 
This freebie can be found in my TPT store here.  It includes directions to post at the literacy station as well as the rules for adding -s, -es, or -ies and a worksheet. 
 
 
 Freebie #17
 
Here are some bookmarks for your students to color. 
 
As always, enjoy! :-)
 

 
Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
 

6 comments:

  1. I didn't have any kids mention it either

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you had Whoville hair day and this freebie is perfect for my kiddos! Thank you so much! I'm your newest follower.

    Irene
    LWML is hosting a fun linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same reaction with my students....not a word today!
    Thanks for the freebies and love the hair!!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the freebies! I love the whoville hair. My school didn't even have a lockdown procedure in place. Now things have changed and I'm thankful!
    I'm a new follower!
    ☀Rikki
    The Hive
    I'm having a giveaway if you would like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete