Saturday, March 24, 2012

New Unit

I'm so excited about the new unit I just posted.  My kids are going to be excited next week when we start our unit on insects!  In our school system, we are required to complete teaching of all standards before the CRCT.  I take advantage the last few weeks by doing thematic units which I adore!  We used to do those in Kindergarten and I really miss teaching in this manner.  We will be learning about life cycles, so one entire week we will spend on insects in math, reading, language arts, and science!!!  Here is one of the activities the students always enjoy the most:


I got the graphics for the book from Graphics From the Pond.  They posted just in time!  I had been searching for some!

My students enjoy making this accordion fold Life Cycle of a Butterfly  book.  Instructions are included in the unit. 



Get this unit FREE!  The first FIVE NEW FOLLOWERS  to do all three:
1)  Follow my blog
2) Follow my TPT store
3) Follow my Facebook page


will receive this unit FREE!!!  Just send me a message along with your e-mail address and I will send it to you asap!  You must be a new follower to all three.

Here is a preview!







Don't forget to take advantage of my HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME celebration to get more free items.  Check below to see the details.

Well, I think it's time for some chocolate!  :-)

Have a great weekend!

Cynthia

19 comments:

  1. Nice unit! I have done the above, but didn't see theFB link??

    Becky
    aubecky@hotmail.com
    2nd Grade Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing this out to me Becky! I went back and added to link so you can now add facebook also.

      I would love if you could let me know what you think of the unit!

      Thanks for becoming a follower. I'm headed to your blog to join yours!

      :-)

      Delete
  2. Yay! I did all 3 things! This looks great!

    kellybrown28021@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! Looks great! I am a new follower of all 3! =)

    Samantha
    pooh08292001@yahoo.com
    msbeattie-samantha.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done all 3!

    Jenny
    Jenala87@gmail.com
    Http://luckeyfrogslilypad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did all 3! Did I make it?

    rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the shout-out! I am so glad you like the graphics, your unit looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your graphics! Thanks so much for sharing them on TPT for us to use! :-)

      Delete
  7. This looks great! You are just too crafty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley! I always enjoy seeing your cute stuff!

      Delete
  8. So cure! I am your newest follower. :)

    Pamela
    Pfulk@cox.net
    Http://firstclassteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I follow your TpT store!

    Pamela Fulk
    pfulk@cox.net
    First Class Teacher
    http://firstclassteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I follow your facebook

    Pamela Fulk
    fpulk@cox.net
    First Class Teacher
    http://firstclassteacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cynthia! I am your newest follower and have just given you a BLOG AWARD! Come check it out! www.cotesclass.blogspot.com
    ~Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cynthia! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been going through your blog, and you have some cute ideas! I especially love this butterfly life cycle booklet. Adorable! I look forward to more of your posts!

    Kayla
    Primary Junction

    ReplyDelete