Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break at Last!!!

Hi everyone!  I've not been feeling too good the last couple of days as my Lupus has been acting up and I've just been extra, extra EXHAUSTED.  I pushed myself to go into work today, because I was afraid they would take my pay if I was out the day before Spring Break.  Thank goodness for some wonderful teachers I work with.  I have been able to sit at my desk all day.  They walked my students to P.E., lunch, and recess for me.  I already had lots of fun activities planned for the kiddos, so I only had to supervise and I could do most of it from deskland!

One of things we did today in math was to make our own gamepieces.  I have small sticky pictures that were given to us from the picture company.  We usually use those pictures for Christmas ornaments and other gifts for families.  However, this year, we did not get them before Christmas.  Since I have 6 for each child I have plenty to use for all sorts of activities.  Today, we simply stuck the picture on a cotton ball and then used tape to stick the cottonball to a large button.  (I'm sure a round piece of foam would also work.  This is just what I had on hand.)  Here is the final product...QUICK and EASY-PEASY!!!


The students love using this personalized game playing piece!

In social studies, we have been learning about the president and his duties.  In writing, we are learning about persuasive writing.  We combined the two this week and the students finished up their projects today:
"Why I Should Be President of the Class for a Day."  Before making their campaign posters, we watched this youtube video that walks students through drawing self-portraits.  Here are some of their finished campaign posters:




Aren't they all so adorable?  When we return from Spring Break they will read their "speeches" and try to persuade me which one of them should be President for the Day!

How many of you are on Spring Break next week?  I've got an EXCITING Spring Break Party announcement Sunday.  Be sure to check back.  You won't want to miss it!!!!!

Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. Those portraits are great! And, my Spring Break started today too! :)

    Have a great week off! Check out my blog for a giveaway ending Monday, April 2nd!!

    Rachel
    A-B-Seymour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great spring break. Mine is long gone. :-(
    I'm your newest follower.


    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete