Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Only 3 more days until Spring Break!

This week has started out to be an absolutely wonderful week.  As you all know, yesterday was my birthday.  I had such a good time with my little lovies yesterday and then my mom cooked a delicious homecooked meal for all of the family.  It was so nice and warm that we even got to set up a couple of tables and eat outside.  Best of all was the delicious, split-layer chocolate cake which she makes every year for my birthday!  I would post a picture, but I don't want to make you too envious!  lol

In language arts we are really focusing on our writing for the last part of the year.  It's so much fun when we get to this point and it seems they are finally doing some real writing with depth.  Today, we did a word web for Spring.  Then everyone got to use the word web we made as a whole group and write their own papers.  This afternoon, we made an anchor chart for proofreading symbols and started using those.  The students did a great job and thought it was so much fun to be detectives to search for all of the mistakes. 


I posted a fun little flip book for students to make...Eating Rainbow Fractions.





It is only $1.00!!!!  Head on over check it out! Just print, add your favorite candy to give students and you've got a fun little fraction activity!

In other news, I'm super excited to see that I now have 100 people on my blog!  I'm hoping that number will continue to grow!  I only need 12 more over on my TPT store to also have 100.  As soon as I reach 100 there, I have a FREEBIE to give everyone as a celebration.  So, that means there is at least 12 of you on here that is not a stalker, I mean follower, of my store.  Won't you be a dear and hurry on over there so I can share the freebie tonight???  (BIG SMILE)

It's that dreaded time of the year for me.  All of you that have college age children will completly understand just by reading this:  FAFSA...  At least I got wiser this year and I'm seeing a professional to take care of it.  I've got to run, it's almost appointment time!

Have a beautiful afternoon!  It's only 3 more days for me, until Spring Break!!!!!  YIPEE!!!!

Cynthia

2 comments:

  1. That's my favorite part of second grade too. I usually loop with my students (1st-2nd) and I just love seeing how much they have learnt! I follow you on both TPT and blog! So I'm ready for that freebie. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I'm your newest follower as well, and I'm looking forward to reading more from you! :-)

    Jessica
    Confessions of a Primary Teacher

    ReplyDelete