Sunday, March 11, 2012

Time Change

I hate time change!  Daylight Savings Time is actually my favorite of the two, but I sure do wish they would just choose a time and leave it alone.  One of my friends on facebook said it best:  "Only the government would believe you could cut a foot off the top of a blanket, sew it to the bottom, and have a longer blanket."  Yep, that sounds about right.  I do love that I will have more daylight hours in the afternoons when I get home from work.  In fact, I always say I'm kind of like a bear.  I go into hibernation mode in the winter and many days you will find me in my jammies by 6 o'clock.  I have much more energy once daylight savings time arrives.  After supper, you can usually find me outside doing something until dark (if it's warm enough that is).  We plan on getting our little garden area plowed this week.  Next week, is the time (for our area) to plant potatoes!  How many of you raise your own garden?

Well, I finally got my picture of the broom standing outside my door.  After showing the teachers, it is now in my classroom (behind my desk where it's a little more protected) and has been standing most of the week.  No matter what the reason behind the theory of it, it's still fun to show your students. 

I've been working hard all week on my newest unit for TPT.  If I do say so myself, it's my most visually appealing unit so far.  I'm really proud of it.  If you need literacy stations for this coming up week, hop on over here and purchase it.  It includes 5 beautiful, colorful stations that are ready to download and use.  Worksheets are included to check for understanding of your students after completing the activity.  Be sure to at least look at the preview as it shows EVERYTHING in the unit.  These units can also be purchased individually in my store. 


Well, it's time to start getting ready for church where I play the piano.  I hope I'm not yawning during the service!  :-)

Cynthia

1 comment:

  1. I looked at your new unit on TpT. It is beautiful and it has such awesome activities for stations!! You have outdone yourself this time!! I love it!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete