Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Only 2 more days this week!

Don't you love Wednesdays?  It always seems "downhill" once I get to Wednesdays.  For me, it's going to be another 4-day week as I'm taking a personal day off tomorrow to spend with my youngest daughter to celebrate her 19th birthday!

Have you heard about the broom trick?  I wanted to post you a picture, but alas, my camera is still not working.  I had a co-worker take a picture, but we forgot to get it to me before the end of the day.  Anyway, it is possible to stand a broom up.  Part of the people I've discussed it with says that it's a gravitational thing from now until March 21st.  However, naysayers tell me it can be done at anytime of the year.  In the meantime, try it out for yourself.  Any old broom will work.  I did it with my students this morning and it was still standing when I left this afternoon.  No matter what the explanation, it's a lot of fun to do with your students!

I posted my newest unit on TPT.  It's a 47-page unit full of games, literacy station activities, worksheets, task cards, and Common Core Standards for 1st and 2nd grade.  Go check it out here


One last thing for tonight...I've been given a blogging award!  Thanks to Mrs. Stapler over at Stapler's Strategies for giving this to me! 
Five months ago this award was created to encourage teachers who blog.

Since that time, there have been MANY new bloggers who deserve some high fives from the blogging community.


Click  here to get the info.

Are there certain blogs that you return to day after day that continually provide you with inspiration? Then why not give them an award to say a big thank you!   Here are my Top 10:

4)  Yvonne @ sassyinsecond
5)  Teresa @ 2ndgradepigpen
6)  Stacy @ 2ndgradeparadise
7)  Tammy @ 123teachwithme

Time for bed! 

:-)
Cynthia







4 comments:

  1. Thank you Thank you!!

    www.123teachwithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning my blog!! I am so sorry!! I forgot to send you the picture of the broom!!! I didn't even put mine on my blog!! i will download it on your computer tomorrow!!

    Have a wonderful day tomorrow!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! :) You're so sweet! I'm going to have to try the broom trick. I've heard that it's working right now...weird! Hope you have a wonderful Friday! (YAY, tomorrow's Friday!!!)
    Marcie
    http://2ndgradewildabouteducation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found you through Smiling in Second. Welcome to bloggy world!
    Dianne
    Hopelessly Devoted to Teaching

    ReplyDelete